- Location: Voznesensk, Ukraine
- Year: 2022 - 2024
- Client: The city of Voznesensk
- Size: 200 m2
- Collaborators: EcoCocon, Alexander Shevchenko / ReStartUkraine
- Financing: Dreyers Fond, EcoCocon
- Project team: Daria Borovyk (teamleader), Olena Ruban, Viktoriia Bonchyk, Marcus Frostholm, Karsten Kristensen, Anton Ryslinge
- Contact: email@example.com
The devastation caused by the war in Ukraine is enormous, and so is the reconstruction work ahead. When the war eventually ends, the work of rebuilding the country will begin, which is expected to have a very large climate footprint unless there is a focus on climate-friendly construction.
In this project, Architects Without Borders introduces the fully certified and bio-based building system EcoCocon on the Ukrainian market to demonstrate that environmentally friendly construction methods exist and can be used in line with conventional cement-based and highly CO2 emitting building materials. We aim to demonstrate concrete ways to realize Ukraine’s own visions of a future with a zero-carbon construction industry.
The pilot-project is realised in collaboration with local authorities and other stakeholders, including Ukrainian architects in both Ukraine and Denmark.
The project is funded by Dreyers Fond.